IKEA furniture is a great way to add style and sophistication to your home without breaking the bank. But if you’re looking for a more luxurious look, there are some simple tricks you can use to make your IKEA pieces look more expensive.
1. Replace Hardware – One of the easiest ways to upgrade an IKEA piece is to replace the hardware. Look for knobs, pulls, and handles that are more ornate or modern than those found on IKEA pieces. This can make a big difference in the overall look of the furniture and give it a custom feel.
2. Add Molding – Adding decorative moldings to the edges of your IKEA pieces can give them a much more sophisticated look. You can find pre-made moldings at most home improvement stores, or you can have them custom-made by a carpenter or woodworker.
3. Paint – Painting is one of the most popular ways to upgrade IKEA furniture. Choose a color that complements your decor, then use high-quality paint for the best results. If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding a layer of glaze for extra dimension and texture.
4. Reupholster – Another way to give an IKEA piece a more expensive look is to reupholster it with higher quality fabric. You can find fabrics at local fabric stores, or order them online. Be sure to use batting and other supplies that are designed specifically for upholstery projects to get the best results.
5. Accessorize – The right accessories can bring an otherwise plain-looking piece of furniture to life. Try adding a few well-chosen items like throw pillows, rugs, lamps or mirrors to up the style ante of your IKEA furniture.
With just a few simple steps, you can turn an ordinary piece of IKEA furniture into something truly special and unique that looks like it cost much more than it really did!
Can you make IKEA wardrobes fitted
If you’re looking to add extra storage and style to your bedroom, IKEA wardrobes are the perfect choice. IKEA wardrobe systems are designed to fit almost any space, and they come in a variety of styles, colors, and finishes. But if you really want to maximize the potential of your IKEA wardrobe, you should consider having it fitted.
Fitting an IKEA wardrobe is a great option for those who want more than just the standard IKEA look. IKEA’s range of wardrobe fittings will help you transform your wardrobe into something truly unique and special. You can choose from a range of doors, drawers, shelves, and rails to make sure that your wardrobe fits perfectly into the space you have available.
When it comes to fitting an IKEA wardrobe, it’s important to first measure up the space where you want the wardrobe to go. Make sure you have all the measurements necessary for the job before you start. You’ll also need to consider what type of wardrobe system you prefer – do you want a traditional hinged door or a sliding door? Once you’ve decided what type of system you want, it’s time to get started on fitting it.
Fitting an IKEA wardrobe is fairly straightforward. All of the components needed for your particular system will be provided with detailed instructions on how to assemble them together. It’s important that you take your time when fitting your wardrobe so that everything is installed correctly and safely. If you’re unsure about anything while fitting your wardrobe, it’s best to contact a professional fitter who can provide advice and assistance with getting the job done properly.
Once your IKEA wardrobe is fitted, it’s time to enjoy all the extra storage space! Your fitted IKEA wardrobe will look great in any bedroom and is sure to give your home a stylish edge. So why not give your bedroom some extra storage and style with an IKEA fitted wardrobe today?
How do you make a closet look like a built in cabinet
Making a closet look like a built-in cabinet is a great way to give your room an upgrade without needing to do extensive renovations. While it may seem daunting, it’s actually quite simple to transform an ordinary closet into something that looks like it was built into the wall. Here’s how to do it:
1. Start by removing the doors from the closet, if applicable. This will make it much easier to work on and will give the finished product a more “built-in” feel.
2. Measure the interior of the closet and purchase panels of wood or MDF (medium-density fiberboard) that can be cut and fitted to fit your space perfectly. Be sure to purchase enough material for both sides of the closet as well as for the back.
3. Cut the panels to size using a table saw and then attach them securely to the walls of the closet with screws or nails. The panels should fit snugly against each other so that they look like they were part of the original construction of the room.
4. Once all of the walls are covered, you can use paint or wallpaper to give your closet a unique look. If you’re using paint, apply two coats for a smooth finish. Wallpaper can be hung directly onto the wood paneling for an eye-catching effect.
5. Add shelves, drawers, and storage compartments as desired in order to maximize storage space. You can also add crown molding around the top of the walls for a more finished look.
6. Hang curtains or drapes on either side of the closet door, if desired, in order to hide any visible gaps between panels or trim work.
7. Finally, install new door handles and hinges on the existing doors or purchase new doors that fit your new design better.
With these steps in mind, you can easily transform an ordinary closet into one that looks like a custom built-in cabinet!
Can you reduce the width of IKEA PAX wardrobe
If you’re looking to reduce the width of your IKEA PAX wardrobe, you’ll be happy to know that it’s a relatively easy task. IKEA PAX wardrobes are designed to be easily modifiable, allowing for a wide range of customization options. With a few simple tools, you can reduce the width of your PAX wardrobe in just a few steps.
First, you will need to determine how much width you would like to reduce from your wardrobe. To do this, measure the interior and exterior widths of your PAX wardrobe. If you’d like to reduce the width by about an inch or two, then you may not need any additional tools; however, if you’d like to reduce the width by more than this, then it’s recommended that you purchase some wood planks or metal bars to use as supports.
Once you have the materials necessary, begin by taking apart the frame of your PAX wardrobe. This will involve unscrewing any screws that attach the frame pieces together and carefully taking apart the frame pieces one by one. Once you have the frame separated into its individual components, measure each piece individually and mark off where you’d like to cut it down in order to reduce its size.
Next, use a saw or other cutting tool to cut off the desired portions of each frame piece so that they now fit within your new size parameters. When finished, reassemble the frame pieces according to their original placement and use screws or nails to attach them back together securely.
Finally, use wood planks or metal bars to provide additional support for your newly reduced PAX wardrobe frame. Simply place them on either side of the frame and secure them with screws or nails. This should provide enough support for your newly sized wardrobe and ensure that it is properly secured in place.
By following these simple steps, you should now have successfully reduced the width of your IKEA PAX wardrobe. With minimal effort and time investment, you can now enjoy a smaller-sized wardrobe that still offers plenty of storage space.
How much ceiling clearance does a PAX wardrobe need
When you’re thinking of remodeling your bedroom or closet, one of the most important considerations is how much ceiling clearance you will need for your PAX wardrobe system. PAX wardrobes are a great way to maximize storage space and organize your clothing in an efficient way, but they do require some extra space allowance in order to be installed properly.
The general rule of thumb is that you will need a minimum of two feet of clearance between the top of the wardrobe and the ceiling. This will allow for proper installation of the wardrobe and also provide enough space to open the doors without hitting against the ceiling. Additionally, if you plan to hang any items from the top shelf, then you’ll want to ensure that there is at least three feet of clearance between the top of the wardrobe and the ceiling.
When measuring for your PAX wardrobe, it’s important to keep in mind that the total height of the wardrobe will be slightly taller than the cabinet itself. This is because the doors can add up to three inches in height, depending on their style. Additionally, if you plan to add any accessories or shelves, this can further increase the total height of your PAX wardrobe system.
When choosing a place in your room or closet for your PAX wardrobe, make sure that you measure carefully and have adequate ceiling clearance to ensure safe and successful installation. With proper care and attention, your PAX wardrobe system should last for many years to come!
How do you hide holes in PAX
Hiding holes in PAX can seem like a difficult task, but it doesn’t have to be! Here are some tips and tricks on how to hide holes in PAX wardrobes:
1. Use a patch kit. PAX wardrobes often come with a patch kit, which includes materials such as wood filler, putty or even glue. Simply apply the patch material to the hole and allow it to dry before sanding it down.
2. Paint over the hole. If the hole is small enough, you can simply paint over it with some matching paint. This will cover up the hole and make it virtually invisible.
3. Cover it with a strip of veneer or other material. You can use a thin strip of veneer or any other type of material that matches your PAX wardrobe to cover up the hole. Just make sure it’s secured properly so it won’t come off!
4. Fill the hole with wood putty or filler. Wood putty or filler can be used to fill in any holes in your PAX wardrobe and then sanded down for a seamless look.
5. Replace the damaged piece of PAX wardrobe with a new one. If the damage is too severe, you may need to replace the damaged piece of PAX wardrobe with a new one that matches the rest of your wardrobe perfectly.
No matter which method you choose, hiding holes in PAX wardrobes doesn’t have to be difficult or time consuming! With a little bit of patience and some DIY know-how, you can easily make your PAX wardrobe look like new again!
Can you screw into Ikea PAX
Ikea PAX is a popular line of wardrobe systems that have become a staple in modern homes. The PAX wardrobe system is incredibly versatile and can be used to store a variety of items, from clothing and accessories to books and toys. While the PAX system is easy to assemble with the provided hardware, some people may wonder if they can use screws to secure the wardrobes together.
The short answer is yes, you can use screws in the Ikea PAX wardrobe system. This is because the PAX system has pre-drilled holes that are designed to accommodate screws. However, this does not mean that it is necessary or even recommended to use screws when assembling the wardrobe. In fact, Ikea recommends using the provided hardware and does not recommend using any other type of fastener such as screws or nails.
Using screws instead of the provided hardware can actually cause damage to the frame and may void your warranty, so it is not recommended. The provided hardware is specifically designed for use with the PAX system and should provide more than enough support for any size wardrobe you choose to assemble. If you do decide to use screws, make sure that they are not too long or too short as this could cause damage to the frame or even cause it to become unstable.
In conclusion, you can use screws when assembling an Ikea PAX wardrobe system but it is not recommended or necessary. If you do decide to use screws, then make sure they are the correct length and do not exceed what is recommended by Ikea.