Google News is a powerful tool for staying up to date with the latest news stories from around the world. However, it can sometimes be difficult to keep up with the constant stream of news stories, or you may find that you are only seeing stories from certain topics. In this article, we’ll explain how to fix Google News feed so that you can get more relevant news stories and stay informed.
1. Check Your Settings: The first thing to do is to check your Google News settings and make sure they are set up properly. You can do this by going to the “Settings” tab on the left-hand side of your Google News page. Here, you can adjust your preferences, such as language, topics, sources, and locations. Make sure to select all of the topics and sources that interest you, so that you get a more personalized news feed.
2. Customize Your Feed: You can customize your Google News feed even further by selecting specific topics or sources that you want to see more of. Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of any article and then select “Customize Feed”. Here, you can select which topics and news sources you want to see more of in your feed.
3. Use the Search Bar: If there is a specific story or topic that you want to follow more closely, use the search bar at the top of the page to find related articles. This can help you stay up-to-date on a particular issue without having to manually search for related stories every time.
4. Follow Sources Directly: If there is a particular news source that you like reading from, click on the source’s name at the top of any article they have written and then select “Follow”. This will add their stories directly into your Google News feed so that you don’t miss any important updates or breaking news from them.
5. Unfollow Sources: If there are certain sources or topics that are no longer relevant for you, click on their name at the top of any article they have written and then select “Unfollow”. This will stop them from appearing in your feed, so that your news feed remains relevant and tailored to your interests.
By following these steps, you should be able to fix your Google News feed so that it is more tailored towards your interests and you don’t miss out on any important updates or stories.
What are the three types of news lead
A news lead is the initial sentence or sentences of a news story. It is also known as a “news hook” or an “intro”. Writing a good news lead is an essential skill for journalists, as it needs to provide enough information to draw in the reader and provide an overview of the story.
There are three main types of news leads: direct leads, indirect leads, and delayed leads.
Direct leads are the most basic type of news lead. They are straightforward and to the point, providing the most important information about the story right at the beginning. Direct leads often begin with a strong action verb, such as “Police arrested two suspects” or “The Prime Minister announced today”. This type of lead provides a clear indication of what the story is about and what happened.
Indirect leads are more creative than direct leads and generally require more effort from the writer. This type of lead uses descriptive language to create an effect that entices readers to continue reading. Indirect leads are often written in the form of a question, metaphor, or anecdote, such as “What if stopping climate change was as easy as flipping a switch?” or “The Prime Minister’s speech was like a tidal wave washing over Parliament”. Indirect leads can be more effective at capturing readers’ attention than direct leads.
Delayed leads are a combination of direct and indirect leads. They start off with an indirect lead that sets up the context of the story, followed by a direct lead that outlines what happened. Delayed leads give readers more information before they dive into the main body of the article, allowing them to better understand what’s going on. For example, “The Prime Minister’s speech was like a tidal wave washing over Parliament, leaving a feeling of hope that something big was about to happen — and it did when he announced new measures to tackle climate change”.
In summary, there are three main types of news leads: direct leads, indirect leads, and delayed leads. Each type has its own strengths and weaknesses and it is up to the writer to decide which one best suits their needs. However, all three types should have one thing in common — they need to be engaging enough to draw in readers and provide an overview of the story.
What are 5 types of news
1. Political News: This type of news covers events related to politics both nationally and internationally. It includes coverage of elections, changes in laws or regulations, and other topics of political interest.
2. Business News: This type of news covers the activities of businesses and the stock market. It includes coverage of mergers and acquisitions, financial results, stock market performance, and other topics related to business.
3. Sports News: This type of news covers events related to sports such as football, basketball, baseball, tennis, golf, and other sports. It includes coverage of games, player trades, team performance, and other topics related to sports.
4. Entertainment News: This type of news covers entertainment topics such as movies, television shows, music releases, celebrity news, gossip, and other topics related to entertainment.
5. Technology News: This type of news covers developments in technology such as the latest gadgets and software releases, advances in artificial intelligence and robotics, the Internet of Things (IoT), and other topics related to technology.
What are the two basic types of news
News is an integral part of our lives and is a source of information about current events and happenings. It can be seen everywhere, from newspapers to television and social media. There are two main types of news: hard news and soft news.
Hard news refers to factual stories that report on events as they happen. It often covers topics such as politics, crime, business, and international affairs. Hard news stories are typically written in a straightforward manner, with facts and quotes from reliable sources. They often have a more serious tone than soft news stories.
Soft news refers to lighthearted stories that often focus on entertainment or lifestyle topics. They often include features such as celebrity interviews, human interest stories, and lighthearted opinion pieces. Soft news stories are typically written in a more informal style with a focus on storytelling rather than factual information.
Both hard news and soft news have their place in the media landscape. Hard news is important for keeping people informed about current events and important issues, while soft news can be a welcome relief from the serious nature of hard news stories. Ultimately, it’s up to the reader to decide which type of news they prefer!