Installing a keyless Schlage lock is an easy way to add additional security and convenience to your home or business. Here are the steps you need to take in order to properly install your Schlage keyless lock:
1. Gather Your Tools: Before you begin, make sure you have all the necessary tools for the installation. You’ll need a drill, screwdriver, level, tape measure, and a Phillips head screwdriver.
2. Prepare the Door: Remove any existing locks or handles from the door so that it is ready for your new lock. Make sure to remove any screws or nails that may be protruding from the door jamb.
3. Measure and Mark: Measure the distance between the edge of the door and the center of the deadbolt hole on the door jamb. Mark this distance with a pencil or marker so you know where to drill your hole.
4. Drill Holes: Using a drill, carefully drill two holes in the door jamb at the marked spot. Make sure the holes are deep enough for the screws included with your Schlage lock kit.
5. Attach Lock Plate: Position the lock plate onto the edge of the door and attach it using the screws included with your Schlage lock kit. Make sure that it is securely fastened into place before continuing.
6. Install Lock Body: Carefully insert the body of your Schlage lock into the drilled holes on the door jamb and secure it using the provided screws. It is important to make sure that it is securely fastened into place before continuing.
7. Connect Lock Wires: If your Schlage keyless lock has wiring, connect them according to instructions provided in your Schlage lock kit manual. Make sure to follow all safety guidelines when dealing with electrical wiring.
8. Program Lock: Once everything is installed and connected, it’s time to program your Schlage keyless lock according to instructions provided in your Schlage lock kit manual or online instructions provided by Schlage’s website.
9. Test Lock: Once programmed, test out your new Schlage keyless lock by operating it several times before fully trusting that it is functioning properly and securely installed on your door jamb.
By following these steps, you should be able to easily and quickly install a keyless Schlage lock onto your door jamb!
Does Schlage Connect work without WiFi
The answer is yes, but there are some important considerations to keep in mind. Schlage Connect is a smart lock system that can be controlled via your smartphone, tablet, or laptop. It requires an internet connection to access features such as remote locking/unlocking, creating user codes, and receiving notifications. Without an internet connection, the lock will still work manually with a key or by entering a user code.
However, when you’re away from home and don’t have access to WiFi, you won’t be able to control the lock from your phone. You can still get into your home by using a key or entering a user code, but you won’t be able to check if the door is locked or unlock it remotely. Furthermore, you won’t be able to take advantage of other features such as creating additional user codes or receiving notifications.
So while Schlage Connect does work without WiFi, it limits the functionality of the system. If you want to take full advantage of all the features, it’s best to have a reliable internet connection available.
What is a compatible hub for Schlage Connect
Schlage Connect is a popular home security and automation system that enables users to control their doors, lights, and other smart devices from anywhere using their mobile device. The system is compatible with a variety of devices and platforms, but there is one key component that needs to be in place to make it work: a compatible hub.
A compatible hub is an important part of any Schlage Connect system. It acts as the bridge between your devices and the Schlage Connect mobile app, allowing you to control your home from anywhere. Without a hub, you won’t be able to access your home security or automation features.
When it comes to finding a compatible hub for your Schlage Connect system, there are several options available. The most popular hubs for Schlage Connect are the Wink Hub 2, SmartThings Hub, and Apple HomeKit Hub. All of these hubs have been tested and certified to work with Schlage Connect, providing reliable performance and easy setup.
The Wink Hub 2 is an affordable option for those who want to get started with their home security and automation setup. It supports many different protocols, including ZigBee, Z-Wave, Bluetooth LE, Wi-Fi, and more. It’s also easy to set up and use with the Wink app.
If you’re looking for a more powerful hub that supports multiple protocols and devices, then the SmartThings Hub is a great choice. It has been tested and certified to work with Schlage Connect, allowing you to easily control your locks, lights, thermostats, door sensors, cameras, and other devices from one central location.
Finally, if you’re an Apple user then the Apple HomeKit Hub is an ideal choice for controlling your Schlage Connect devices. It works seamlessly with Apple’s Home app on iOS devices, allowing you to easily control your locks, lights, thermostats, door sensors and more from your iPhone or iPad.
No matter which hub you choose for your Schlage Connect system, it’s important to make sure that it’s compatible with your devices before making a purchase. By doing so, you can ensure that you get the most out of your home security and automation setup.
How do I put Schlage Connect in pairing mode
If you’re having trouble connecting your Schlage Connect lock to your home automation system, you may need to put it in pairing mode. This will allow the lock to communicate with the system and enable full functionality. Here’s how to get your lock in pairing mode:
1. Turn off the power to the lock. You can do this by unplugging the power cable from the wall outlet or removing the batteries from the back of the lock.
2. Press and hold down both buttons on the top of the lock for 10 seconds. This will put it into pairing mode.
3. Reconnect the power to the lock. If you’re using batteries, make sure they are securely inserted into the back of the lock before reconnecting it to power.
4. Allow the lock to finish rebooting before attempting to pair it with your home automation system. It should take about one minute for this process to complete.
5. When prompted by your home automation system, enter the pairing code that came with your Schlage Connect lock. This will activate the connection between your lock and your home automation system, allowing you full access and control of your lock from inside or outside of your home.
By following these steps, you should be able to put your Schlage Connect lock into pairing mode and gain access to all its features through your home automation system. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact Schlage’s customer service department for help.