If you’ve recently installed a Kwikset Smartcode and it’s not locking, there could be a few different issues causing the problem. Before you take the lock apart and start troubleshooting, there are a few simple steps you can take to try and resolve the issue.
First, make sure that the batteries in your Smartcode are fresh and have enough power to operate the lock. If they aren’t, replace them with new ones. It’s also important to ensure that your batteries are installed correctly. Refer to the instructions or user manual that came with your lock to make sure the batteries are in the right orientation.
Once the batteries have been replaced or installed correctly, check that all of the components of your Smartcode are correctly aligned and installed properly. Check for any loose screws or connections that may need tightening, as well as any obstructions that may be blocking the latch from turning fully. If everything looks good and you still can’t get your Smartcode to lock, you may need to try resetting it.
To reset your Smartcode, press and hold down the programming button on the back of the keypad while pressing and releasing the Schlage button 3 times. This should reset your Smartcode back to its factory settings. Once it’s done, re-program it according to the instructions in your user manual.
If after trying all of these steps you still can’t get your Smartcode to lock, you may need to contact Kwikset customer service for assistance. They can help diagnose and repair any issues with your lock and make sure it’s working properly.
How do I check the battery on my Kwikset lock
Checking the battery on your Kwikset lock is a simple process. There are a few steps involved, but it’s straightforward and easy to do.
The first step is to open up your Kwikset lock and locate the battery compartment. Depending on the model you have, this may be located in different places. On some models, the battery compartment is located at the bottom of the lock, while on others it may be towards the top or even inside the keypad.
Once you’ve located the battery compartment, open it up and take out the batteries. You can then check to see if they’re still good by using a multimeter or other testing device. You can also use a voltmeter to test for voltage. Generally, if the voltage of each battery is above 1.5 volts, then they are still good and don’t need to be replaced. If it’s lower than that, then you’ll need to replace them.
If you find that your batteries need to be replaced, make sure you purchase new ones of the same size and type as the ones that were in your lock. This will ensure that your Kwikset lock continues to work properly and efficiently. Once you’ve replaced the batteries, put them back in their respective compartments and close up your lock.
That’s all there is to it! By following these steps, you can easily check the battery on your Kwikset lock and make sure it’s working properly.
What app do I use for a Kwikset
If you’re looking for an app to use with your Kwikset smart lock, you have a few options.
The Kwikset App is the official app from Kwikset and it’s available on both iOS and Android. It allows you to control your lock remotely, set up user codes, get notifications when the lock is used, and more.
Another option is the Kevo App. This app is specifically designed for the Kwikset Kevo smart lock, which allows you to open your lock with just your smartphone. It’s available for iOS and Android.
Finally, you can use the August Home App for your Kwikset lock. This app is compatible with a variety of locks from different brands, including Kwikset, so you can control them all from the same app. It also offers other features like remote access, geofencing, and scheduling. The August Home App is available on iOS and Android.
Whichever app you choose for your Kwikset lock, make sure it’s compatible with your device before downloading it.
How do I sync my Kwikset Smart Lock
Syncing your Kwikset Smart Lock is a great way to ensure that you have complete control over your home’s security. With the Kwikset Smart Lock, you can lock and unlock your door from anywhere using your smartphone or other compatible device. You can also create unique user codes for each family member or guest, check the lock’s status, and even get notifications when someone unlocks your door. In order to get started with your Kwikset Smart Lock, you need to sync it with your compatible device. Here’s how:
1. Download the Kwikset app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store onto your compatible device.
2. Once you have installed the app, open it and select “Set Up Device.”
3. Follow the instructions on the app to connect your device to your home’s Wi-Fi network.
4. Open the battery compartment of your Kwikset Smart Lock and remove the battery cover.
5. Press and hold the Program button located inside the battery compartment for 15 seconds until you hear a chime sound from the door lock. This indicates that it is ready to be paired with your compatible device.
6. Return to the app on your device, and select “Lock/Unlock” from the menu options at the bottom of the screen.
7. Select “Add New Device” and enter a name for your lock (e.g., “Front Door”). The app will detect that a new device is ready to be paired, and it will ask you to confirm that it is indeed your Kwikset Smart Lock by pressing a button on its keypad (this is usually an arrow pointing up).
8. The app will then ask you to enter a 4-digit master code for your lock (you can create a new one or use one that already exists). The app will then display an 8-digit access code which you will need to enter into your Kwikset Smart Lock in order to complete the pairing process.
9. After entering the 8-digit access code, press and hold the Program button for 3 seconds until you hear a chime sound from the door lock once again – this indicates that it has been successfully paired with your compatible device.
10. Return to the app on your device, and select “Lock/Unlock” from the menu options at the bottom of the screen – you should now see that your lock has been added and is ready for use!
Congratulations – you have now successfully synced your Kwikset Smart Lock! Now, you can enjoy all of its features from anywhere using just your compatible device!